Utah Adoption Law Firm47 North Main Street, Ste. 3
Kaysville, Utah 84037
Google Map / Directions
HoursMonday - Friday: 9am to 5pm
* After hours appointments are available
Payment Types AcceptedCash, Check, Debit
Visa, MasterCard, Discover
Mr. Barnes has been practicing law since 2002 and prior to attending law school he worked for his father, Attorney Lyle J. Barnes, as his paralegal since 1991.
Attorney Jason F. Barnes is highly focused in and experienced in adoption law. Mr. Barnes has represented many people over the years in all types of adoption matters and cases, including litigation in adoption matters. Mr. Barnes is passionate about helping others successfully navigate through the adoption laws.
Service in the Community:
Utah Adoption Council
June 2009 – June 2010 (1 year 1 month) (President Elect 2008-2009, Advisor to the President 2009-2010).
Testified before the HOUSE JUDICIARY STANDING COMMITTEE MEETING on February 23, 2010, regarding H.B. 162 "Unlawful Sexual Conduct with a Minor". http://le.utah.gov/~2010/minutes/HJUD0223.htm
Testified before the SENATE JUDICIARY, LAW ENFORCEMENT & CRIMINAL JUSTICE STANDING COMMITTEE on February 26, 2014, regarding S.B. 229 Adoption Act Amendments. http://www.le.utah.gov/Interim/2014/pdf/00002637.pdf
NBI Faculty member- All day seminars teaching other attorneys regarding adoption (CLE - "Continuing Legal Education courses").
- Speaker/Faculty member at the NBI CLE: "ADOPTION LAW MADE SIMPLE", which was held on June 12, 2018, at the Hampton Inn- Downtown Salt Lake City.
- Speaker/Faculty member at the NBI CLE: "ADOPTION LAW: Start to Finish", which was held on February 6, 2017, at the Hyatt Place- Downtown Salt Lake City.
- Speaker/Faculty member at the NBI CLE: "ADOPTION LAW", which was held on February 26, 2015, at the Radisson Hotel in Salt Lake City Downtown.
- Speaker/Faculty member at the NBI CLE - "Adoption Law: Start to Finish", which was held on February 4, 2014, at the Radisson Hotel in Salt Lake City Downtown.
- Utah Adoption Council.
- Davis County Bar Association.
- Weber County Bar Association.